The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1355 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/17/11
Your colorful descriptions are gorgeous and mesmerize. There's so much to envision, contemplate, and pause for here. I absolutely love the waves, …" pounding against vast sandy shores with the rhythm of His own heartbeat." Then you progress to the message of redemption. [I'm so thankful for that.] and I love the pure poetry of "stretches out a purple path for moon and stars to play." You simplicity of your ending stanza contrasts so magnificently. Wow!!
06/17/11
Beautiful pictures are penned in this lovely poetic piece. I favor the second verse as I enjoy this gorgeous sunrise in my minds eye.
06/18/11
It's like a masterpiece is being unveiled before my eyes. Wonderful!
06/18/11
I usually avoid commenting on poems because I feel so utterly unqualified to do so but I enjoyed this one a lot. It really made me think of my Daddy.
It's really beautifully written poetry and I enjoyed the descriptions of our Creator's glorious works. Of course, it's the last two words that pack the punch--loved that ending!
06/21/11
This is just beautiful; it would be a magnificent photographic "coffee table" book. I, too, loved the last lines. Well done.
06/22/11
Excellent and beautifully rendered. Thank you!
06/22/11
His omnipotence revealed in a poem illustrating God's magnificence. A well painted piece showing God's creativity and His ever presence to know and care.
06/22/11
some lovely descriptive phrases here a very visual poem and I can see it with photographs and even some background music ebbing and building and different parts... a great symphony. I suppose the them here is "to check out Gods amazing creation"
and an original angle on the theme :-)
WOW! Loved the image of the waves matching God's heartbeat. The last line sealed this masterful piece to perfection.
06/23/11
A beautiful, soaring sense of the infinity of God's greatness - earthed with the intimacy of his grace. Excellent imagery and depth.
Breathtakingly beautiful! Your descriptions are surely Holy Spirit inspired. How wondrous is our God! Praise the Lord for giving such gifts to share with His children, and then the writers who pen such amazing re-mindful verses. Thank you for writing this piece, it captured my heart like the canvas I see does each day, painted by our creator.Awesome!!
Positively beautiful. Congratulations for placing 11th in masters and 18th overall!.
07/03/11
Verna, I'm going to feature this wonderful poem on the Front Page Showcase for the week of July 18. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and caongratulations!