The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2400 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/07/08
Great story, beautifully told.
08/07/08
Yes, a very beautiful story.
08/08/08
Gripping and poignant. I like the idea of "the prayer man" and that you never know who will be helped because you prayed.
I'm so glad you concluded this story with hope. This is also a great reminder that we never know who is watching/listening to us. My heart aches for all those who are in similar situations. Thank you for reminding us to pray for them.
08/09/08
Wonderful characterization and an astoundingly compelling story. I love the hope at the end especially.
This is a gripping story and told with such skill. You held my rapt attention from the first word on. Great job! Kudos!
I love that she was saved by the very one that she hoped would save her baby... beautiful.
Your words capture the MC's despair so vividly, it rends the heart of the reader. You are compassionate to your readers through allowing the MC to have the option of hope. Many going through this in real-life do not know this option. I pray that the message you have shared here reaches some of these young women. God Bless.
Congratulations on recognition for a truly beautiful story of hope.
08/14/08
This is truly beautiful and moved me to tears.
08/14/08
What a wonderful, sad story. I am so glad it ended happily. How many young women are in this situation. Thank the Lord for people like the Prayer Man, who was there, by the hand of the Lord, just in the nick of time...I am glad you won second. (My vote would have been first.)...Helen
08/14/08
A well deserved win for a remarkably written story--tears welled up in my eyes as I felt the mother's pain. By the time the prayer man saved her, they were spilling over in joy. Hope is powerful and I pray this message will reach anyone and everyone who feels the desperation your MC was feeling.
Beautiful story. Congrats on the win!
08/15/08
Amen to all the comments above, especially Charla's; I hope that too. So many need our great God of Hope. Such a deserved win! Congratulations!
08/15/08
Very beautiful and real. You did a terrific job with such a limited number of words allowed to you. I felt like I knew the MC.