The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1330 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/17/08
I love the expressive descriptions. Very touching.
The descriptions at the beginning were absolutely beautiful and the end was soooo haunting. Wonderful job.
Wow. What a powerful and haunting story. You sucked me right into the man's memories, and I could picture everything vividly in my mind.

Great writing. Keep up the good work!
Your imagery makes for beautiful prose, and like the memories in your story, the words linger in the mind.
07/18/08
I, too, was caught up in your very impressive descriptive writing. I could envision this scene and the characters perfectly. Your story really pulled at my heartstrings. Thank God for memory!
07/19/08
This brought tears to my eyes. So beautifully written and the word pictures brought this to life--I was right there with the old man, feeling his loss and relishing his memories. Wonderful!
07/19/08
Absolutely beautiful, breathtaking descriptions. I was absolutely enraptured.
I could see a scene from a movie! So beautiful. Again, descriptions were wonderful.
Oh my! Wonderful descriptions! I loved the detail of the embroidery and Chelsea. I could see this playing out as a story where I'm standing on the sidewalk and seeing, feeling but just being there. Wonderful writing! ^_^
You must be so proud of this entry. It is truly beautiful through and through. Kudos!
07/24/08
There's so much to like about this entry--I hope it places high in the challenge. The thing that struck me the most was your skill with describing the setting--the light and shadows, the calmness, the scent. And a tear-inducing angle on the theme, a man remembering his family. Just beautiful.