The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2132 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/22/07
You really are the master at combining comedy with pathos - who wouldn't choke up a little at his innocence being the subject of others' mirth? And I loved the character - his naivete yet his wisdom shining through. Another great piece from this writer.
02/22/07
This is fabulous writing.
02/22/07
Plain good fun all the way through! Great job.
02/22/07
That last line was the best! Very well written, entertaining with a lot of truth woven throughout. Loved it!
02/23/07
This was so cute from the very first paragraph. I giggled all the way through. I adore your character’s voice. The final paragraph brings the story to a completely unexpected yet delightful ending. To bring laughter to others is such a gift. Thanks for sharing yours with us. I loved it!
Now *this* is the way to tell a story. It was so much fun! Excellent.
WoW! This is so well written and extremely funny...my favorite so far this week.
02/24/07
OH, I loved this. You did a wonderful job of weaving humor with a message. Mine seem to be one or the other. lol I loved his "accent" throughout.
02/24/07
I like the POV of this story and the ending was an interesting twist. Great job.
When I read the first few lines, I thought, "What in the world?" Then I realized that was the very essence of the story. Good job.
Again, stop amazng me, woman!
What a great read! I was raised where some folks talked like our hero, so I heard every word! Loved it! And I laughed out loud the whole way through. Loved the irony of a wedding reception in the bowling alley...
02/25/07
Absolutely delightful. Love love LOVE your main character - absolutely everything about him. I'm sure this was a RIOT to write - it sure was to read :)
LOL. This reminded me of listening to Jerry Clower. My favorite of all times comediens. I loved the last paragraph LOL!
02/26/07
One day in your head is all I want! But being on this side reading is fun enough. Excellent job! Still giggling. :) Jo
02/27/07
Just gorgeous, and I love the ending!
Very fun read. I enjoyed the humor a lot. Great job for something that is just silliness.
02/28/07
I could hear Buddy Ebsen narrating this wonderful story. I smiled through the whole thing. Thanks so much for giving me a smile today!
02/28/07
Absolutely wonderful!! Some people talk like that around here...wonder if they play croquet? hehe. I'm still laughing over this one...
ohhh! I loved this! So fun and the ending was just great. I liked the 'tone' and the easy going personality of the MC. This definitely made my day and I love the touch of 'Lily'. Very, very well done! ^_^