The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1441 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/06/09
The frustration and angst in this piece is SO amazingly real. So vivid. The whole thing is masterful - but the beginning and ending are especially so. This brought me to tears. Praying.
03/08/09
I really felt for this young woman, under such terrible pressure from so many sources at such a young age. Very vivid and moving!
03/08/09
Cruelty lurks among the youth of every country and nation. Maybe one day we will all be able to praise our Creator instead of ourselves. Good writing.
03/09/09
This is very well written. Amazing how the cruelty of teenagers is played out in every country...every language. Very good writing.
wow. Powerful story about young teenager. I really felt her emotions. Well done.
Vivid portrayal of a teenager's perceptions/experiences of life. Well done!
I loved the quietness of the first few lines. It showed how disengaged your character was from the classroom setting. Not only did the teacher draw Jing-Mei's attention back to the present, but alerted the reader as well.
03/10/09
It's so sad such pressure is placed on children. I could sense the pain in the girl's heart as you guided me through this story.
Good job.
03/10/09
You developed the character very well. I loved the interspersed thoughts. Well done!
03/11/09
Excellent, excellent piece of writing!
03/11/09
Your beginning statement really drew me in. Great work!!!
03/11/09
Bravo, Well done! The emotional impact of this piece is exquisite and painful. I am reminded of Christ's words to us that when we call each other fools, we are committing murder.
I felt so sorry for Jing-Mei and wanted to reach through the screen and hug her and slap Cheng. Masterful telling.
03/12/09
Haunting article of sadistic persecution, reminds me of when I was in junior high school. The parts about her mind being lost in darkness and unable to think clearly made me think that she could have been developing a hereditary illness that affects the mind - or was it just from the bullying?
03/12/09
This is so sad. I hope your time in college isn't as sad as this. It isn't, is it? Very good writing.
03/12/09
Sawa... congrats on being Highly Commended with this!!