The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1167 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Great title.
You said so much in a fun way.
I'd like to meet Rose.

You made me smile!
So much fun stuff in here I can't pick a certain line! I am not a poetry person but you had me reading every word and going back to make sure I didn't miss anything... EXCELLENT
Oh, this is simply too much fun! I loved the rhyme in this, especially the touches of humor and very much the voice of your MC! It was wonderful! The title fits really well and I liked the end where they shared their first laugh. ^_^
05/18/08
This was so good. I loved this line: "No, I didn't invent that sound just to rhyme..." and the end especially.
05/19/08
What a great story, and what a fantastic development in your relationship.
Loved the title, loved the unique way of telling the story in rhyme. Very, very funny. Well done!
Oh, this is great! So much fun, and your rhyme scheme works well. I could see it all unfolding (and splattering!)
Oh my! You had me laughing - this is hilarious! Great job with the rhyming, too...
05/19/08
I loved this because of it's great rhymes, cottage/wattage, load/commode, for example. Too often poetry uses really simple and predictable rhymes, but this one really kicks it up a notch.
05/22/08
Really great rhyming and such wonderful descriptions! Great poem!
What a fun way to approach the subject. Job well done, considering poety is rough for me and I followed this one from beginning to end!
05/22/08
This made me laugh.. I loved it.. what a fun way to tell a story.. loved the MC voice and the asides about rhyming... really good!
Great title and the poem didn't disappoint. Love the humor and super last stanza.
Congratulation on your win. This is fantastic writing!
05/23/08
Congrats, Janice - 3rd in advanced and 14th overall. WOW!
05/23/08
Congratulations on your 3rd place. This is a hoot. Would love to see it illustrated.
05/24/08
Great Job buddy!
05/24/08
Very enjoyable. I think my favorite stanza was the one about the interrupted tryst. Ah, the trials of life!