The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1315 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/06/07
I loved this story! Wonderful dialect, characters, and message! The characters came alive--I sure wouldn't want to attend a church led by that preacher!

The title also drew me in--a personal name always sparks my curiosity.

Great job!
09/07/07
That would be my favorite ever day in church, too! Why do preachers have to go on and on? I love the voice of the MC, and the revealed hypocrisy of the minister. I suspect he preached so long because he knew his own heart needed grace more than anyone else's. I had a bio. prof. who told me that preacher's reveal their own personal problems in the topics they focus on the most. (He was also an ordained minister.) I like your story and the theme.
09/07/07
The first sentence began with a grammatical error of a "was" instead of a "were"...so I was going to by-pass this story; however, THANKFULLY I read on - and found this to be part of the character; so glad I did! Great story - enjoyed the read and held my interest throughout until the terrific ending. Good job!
09/07/07
This is a great story. Your dad and Jack are the unlikely heros while Rev Davis is the villan. You held me from start to finish. If this isn't a top 40 finisher there are either a lot of great stories or some judges with strange taste in literature. Keep up the great work.
I can't say enough good things about your story. Bravo! Wonderful in every aspect!
The voice of the mc is just right in this clever, delightful story.
09/11/07
I too saw 'was' in the first sentence and thought, "Oh dear."
BOY am I glad I kept on reading! I was chuckling almost the whole way through.
What a way to bring your mc to life.
09/14/07
Congratulations, Katherine. Your entry has placed 8th in Level 3, and 16th overall. The Lists for the Top 15 in each Level and the Top 40 overall is available in the Weekly Results and Highest Rankings forum of our Faithwriters Message Boards
I love this story from start to finish....However, I now miss home :)......Good job Kate!!