The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1093 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh how romantic! I could visualise the scene well.
Perfection! I'm still spinning. :) Wow, this is sooo good! A romantic husband that any woman would dream of. KUDOS!.
04/30/07
I loved this! It wasn't predictable romance at all, it was a sweet surprise to find it was the husband, and the way the verse worked and how they resolved the problem was smooth and so romantic. This was a very enjoyable read!
04/30/07
Creative! I enjoyed reading this one alot, Great Writing!
04/30/07
I didn't see the twist coming--good job! Tender and sweet, a lovely story.

In the paragraph that begins "A tear trickled down her face...", the action closest to the dialog belongs to Paul, but the words are Lucinda's. I was a bit oriented in that paragraph and the next, until I sorted it all out.

Reconciliation of any kind always brings a lump to my throat. Nicely done.

Intrigue and romance - good job. I like that it had a good ending, too!
The "stranger" husband was a surprise twist I wasn't expecting. VERY nice job. I enjoyed it. Blessings, Cheri
Wonderful, romantic touch. You surprised me with the beginning. Good writing.
05/02/07
Oh yeah - neat twist. I'd love to rea the first part of the story to enhance my understanding of the "why?" of the park bench. This is very good.
05/02/07
Great twist, and very realistic dialogue. Great stuff.
A flight to remember. This is very creative with the twist ending! I was a little thrown when you used the name "Paul" without introducing him saying his name, but later on you smoothed it over when the reader guesses that they are married. Very much enjoyed reading this!