The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 975 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/14/13
Interesting approach and depiction. Good writing, and interesting thoughts with what could have been the internal thinking of John.

God Bless~
Ooh... I liked this a lot. Clever way to bring out John's view of biblical events. Thanks for writing. God bless.
03/18/13
Good telling of the perspective that might have been of John. Great writing from beginning to end. Excellent!
I really like the glimpse into what John might have been thinking that morning of the Resurrection.
03/19/13
This was a cool take on the topic.

The internal musings of the beloved apostle, something I think every Christian would love to hear, was done very well in this story!
Wow. I feel that John was taking me along on his walk of pain. This is excellent.
This is absolutely excellent! What a clever idea, a journal entry by one of the disciples, and John no less, the one who leaned on our Lord's breast at their last meal together. I love that you start it out saying, "the 3rd day after passover" instead of Resurrection Morning, because of course he didn't know yet. The internal dialogue was so descriptive, bringing up all kinds of meaningful images for any Christian reader. Your MC's questions and thoughts especially concerning Peter were very compelling. I loved the way you ended this piece not even finishing the "w" for the word way, as one would do when writing a journal entry and something important interrupted it. Then you left us with Mary and of course we all know "The Rest of the Story." Well done. I just would like to read his next journal entry! I will eat my hat if this doesn't place!!
03/20/13
You've done well with this imagined journal from John. I like the way you bring the story alive and highlight the likely emotions involved.
I think that this is an excellent retelling of a well known Bible story. You really allowed the reader a peek inside the MC's had. I also really enjoyed the ending --mainly because I know what's coming next and that is the best news of all! You did an outstanding job on this piece.
03/21/13
I like the way this piece is written as part of the biblical event. Well expressed and engaging.
Congratulations on ranking 7th in level three and 19 overall!