The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1004 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I wanted to write on this scripture but I could never sort out how to do it. The 42,000 killed because they could not enunciate a word, trying to cross the Jordon River at one of the few fording spots, stymied me. You simplified it, and I like the way you handled it. Well done.
03/02/13
Good job with this. The Bible fascinates me and whenever an entry highlights the Word, it is always an interesting read for me.

Thanks. God bless~
You and I had the same idea. We both used Judges 12 as our backdrop. Our perspectives are a little different, but your descriptive writing kept my attention all the way through. The lamb on the fire made me hungry. God bless and keep writing.
I feel his terrible pain, his fear and his longing - and the agony of saying the right word at the wrong time - as his dying breath. A wonderful take on a tragic event . . .
Shhhh - I mean the accent was on the wrong syllable . . .
I was simply engrossed all the way through. This was excellent, fast -paced; energy pounding reading. I so wanted Liam to care more about what Ahmed believed and less about what tribe he was a part of. But such is life. Even when Liam was looking deep into Ahmed's eyes, I thought maybe there was hope. This was very well written, I just wished it could've ended differently. Great for topic! I love stories where the Word of God is truly the MC itself.
03/05/13
Very good take on this story that ended so tragically. You have a way of pulling the reader into your story and keeping them there. You had me at hello with this. Topic is spot on. Very nicely done. God Bless!
03/06/13
You did a great job with this story based on a Bible event! You had some excellent descriptions, and your dialogue was well-done, too. The level of suspense throughout kept me avidly reading to the bitter end!
03/06/13
It's hard to believe this exciting tale was contained within 750 words. I was spellbound from the beginning and didn't guess of your surprise ending until the last couple lines. Well done!
I have to admit to being a bit envious of your writing style - I can never seem to get Biblical historical fiction to sound anything but stilted. But, you have no problem with it at all. This is flawless, tension filled, engaging and informative. Way to go. Great job!
You did a great job with this. This is the second story I've read this week on this exact scripture. Both stories were great and held my attention. You did a fine job of building the suspense and of course you nailed the topic.
Thank you for glorifying God with your true, honest, just, pure, lovely, good, virtuous and praiseworthy winning entry! God bless you.

Love and verbal hugs, Judi

KJV Revelation 14:12 "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."
Congratulations on ranking 11th overall! (Oh so close, keep at it though:))
Congratulations on your well deserved 3rd place!
This story pulled me in immediately. Great writing! Congratulations on your third place.
03/08/13
Congratulations. God bless~