The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1244 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a powerful piece. You have a delightful way of forming the words so they flow and produce a divine message. Good job.
01/25/13
I enjoyed this so much. What a wonderful job with this.

God Bless~
01/26/13
Oh, wow. This is great. I love that parallels you painted between the story of Joshua and the Gospel. Nice job.
I agree with the previous comments. This is powerful.
01/27/13
So simple yet so powerful.
The whole book of Joshua opens before one; the word pictures you paint make it an exhilarating journey for the reader to make with (you) the writer. I also love your alliteration in places. You have an amazing grasp of the scripture and it shows in your telling of this book of the Bible. The natural transition between Joshua's leading of the Israelites you use in defeating God's enemies and Jesus our Messiah ushering in our salvation. Loved the poetic walk through the banks of Jericho and ending with our victory at Calvary's tree. Blessings to you.
01/30/13
Powerful! Brilliant poetry.
01/30/13
The name "Jesus" is the Greek form of the name "Joshua," so it was very meaningful to have the Old Testament prophet compared with the New Testament Jesus!

Your poem was so wonderfully written and full of depth and meaning! I especially was drawn to these words:

"Jesus steps forward
Striding into people’s lives
He opens curtains and unlocks doors
With a word strongholds crumble
A step closer to the promised rest"

Great job! :)
01/31/13
Hearty congratulations on your E.C. win for this excellent piece! :)
02/01/13
Magnificent and compelling piece of poetry! I really 'GOT IT' the entire impact of it and how you tied it together, the third read through.