The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1228 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/25/09
What an awful situation! And I know it happens. The emotions were so real. So bittersweet.
Oh, so sad, and I didn't expect the ending. Great job with emotion.
04/27/09
Oooh, too real! My friend just lost his grandchild--stillborn. You know it's got to be good writing when it brings the same feelings of pain and frustration at not being able to help the poor guy. A technical point: if she was 8 1/2 months pregnant, she couldn't also be 3 weeks early.
04/28/09
Nicely done with great emotion.
04/28/09
This was very well-written, with a great buildup of suspense. I felt like it needed one more sentence--it just felt a bit fizzly to me. Excellent job with the wonderful/horrible mix of emotions.
04/28/09
This was very good, I was right there with them all the way.
04/28/09
Oh, how terribly sad. The vividness of the situation made the ending all the more heartbreaking. Very well written.
04/28/09
I could sense the tension and emotion here. The ending seemed too abrupt, though. Maybe a line with the word prayer to echo the previous sections would help.
This sad story really did fit this week's category. Good writing.
04/28/09
You captured the tension both of the couple and the hospital staff. I suspect from the technical language that this is written with some insider knowledge?
04/29/09
Oh man, as soon as I read that low BP, my heart started beating faster. This really got my emotions going! Great way to engage the reader and a good, though terribly sad, illustration of the beginning and the end topic.
This was well written and so sad but so real unfortunately. Thanks for writing it.
Well written. I felt the emotions you were conveying and you kept me focused and hopeful for both to the end.
04/30/09
Such a bittersweet story.
04/30/09
Very touching story with realistic characters and emotions. Great job.