The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1227 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
An important question indeed. I could feel for her wondering if she was doing the right thing and asking herself if she was her brother's keeper. So sad, yet it seemed hopeful in the end. Very good!
This very poignant story reminds us again so forcefully of the question, "Am I my brother's keeper?" Obviously, the sister can't force her brother into sobriety, but her love for him is a constant and a kind of keeping in itself.
05/10/08
Very engaging and moving piece, with a question we ALL need to ask. Great characterization especially.
05/11/08
Great message there. Was not sure what conclusion she would come to after the first paragraph. What a shame people let themselves get into such a mess.
Tough choices!
Well done, loved how you followed her thoughts and didn't get too deep in the guilt that somehow seeps into situations like this.

Well done.
05/14/08
Excellent story--you really did a great job with Erin's conflicting emotions.
A fine piece of work that's sure to place high. You're a master, for sure!
This was masterfully written, right down to Jerrod's eyes changing colour when he was angry. I've seen it - it happens.
You have written Erin's emotions very well, I feel for her.
How very sad that her brother let things get so bad and still doesn't seek help.
Superb job on the topic.