The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1532 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/29/08
Excellent sense of place and fear and resolve. This moved me, and came across as completely plausible. Wonderfully done.
03/01/08
I was certain that you had been "a fly on the wall", and that this was real and not fiction. Well done.
03/03/08
My goodness, this is breath-taking. Your vivid descriptions and eloquent alliteration only add to the essence of this great message. I love this line:
No majestic Words from Heaven were spoken, no trumpets blared; just a peace that surpassed all of their doubts and questions. WOW!
03/03/08
Awesome account Bill...so believable as told by a very talented writer.

You carried us as it flowed to the end and packed in a whole lot of stuff. A GREAT out of the box take. ;)
03/03/08
This made me feel like I was there. I felt the intensity of the time and FDR's words about the people being the fire were so eloquent. Well done!!
such awesome detail and description. Again and again,you bless us with your beautuful writing!
03/03/08
Top notch, and I really loved the alliteration in the first few paragraphs. Such a lovely touch of wordsmanship.
Marvelous opening line - and the writing that follows is just as eloquent and masterful. GREAT job!
A dramatic, refreshing look that goes beyond the lame rehetoric we hear so often to true action and conviction. I especially liked this line: What I am going to say is nothing compared to what I am going to do. It won’t be by words or speech that we will overcome this. I’m going to dedicate myself to putting us on a path of dedicated direction and deed." Your historical fiction is very convincing indeed.