The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1147 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I absolutely love this. I think it is a stroke of genius to juxtapose the flowery words with such a common thing as Diet Coke. The underlying message of how we put ordinary things up on a pedestal is a reminder that we all need from time to time. You hit the topic right on the head!This is one of my all-time favorites. You said so much in such few words.
08/09/12
Wow - that was a surprising ending! LOL. I never thought would have guessed your love was coke! Nice job, and very interesting.

Thanks. God bless~
08/10/12
I have not the patience to put the Diet Coke in a glass, or to wait for the foam so you are ahead of me there. Briliantly written description. It's 8 AM and I am just longing for a drink of this yummy beverage after reading this... it is also cold in the office so a cup of coffee would be more appropriate actually. Ever thought about writing a Diet Coke ad? They might pay you a bundle for this very piece of writing. I liked it so much, I went to the top to read it again. No more, though, or I'll be headed for the refrigerator to grab our European version... Coke Light. Nice job!
08/12/12
WAY too clever! And I love the title :)
08/12/12
Beautiful! Absolutely wonderful! (off to get a diet coke) ;)
Hehe, I hate diet drinks but I have other things I feel like this about. Cute entry! I like how out of the box it is to wax eloquent about a coke.
08/12/12
What a descriptive way to entice your reader. You did just that. I honestly can't see anything I would change. It wasn't diet coke I was thinking of so you fooled this reader to the very end of your entry. Nicely done!
08/12/12
Great title, very creative and well written. Thanks for sharing.
08/16/12
Congrats! God Bless~
08/16/12
Your delightful entry made me smile, even though I've never had a Diet Coke and don't even drink soda pop!

CONGRATULATIONS on your E.C. win with this very descriptive little piece! :)
Congratulations, Barb, Number 1--woo hoo! This is a delightful challenge piece. Coke ought to pay you for your expertise! I love the descriptive phrases and the "got-you" at the end!
08/16/12
Hi Barb. I just wanted to add my congratulations on your EC win. I'm sure you probably nearly fell off your chair when you saw you placed, but honestly, I was thrilled when I saw you won. This entry was fresh and written as only a true Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi addict can appreciate. (I sent the link straight to my daughter when I read it. We both get where you were coming from, but like Dannie, who can wait for the glass. LOL.)

We will probably have to change it Diet Cola for the book, but other than that, I'm so happy this placed. It was beautifully descriptive, clever, and sooooo true. Deb
08/17/12
I sooo relate! Congratulations!! WOW!!
08/19/12
Romancing the Foam: how sweet and clever. Congratulations on your EC!