The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1843 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Everthing about this flows so smoothly. You hit type A on the head with your descriptions.

Your title makes us wonder and is so perfect.

Like the repetition at the end of the first sentnece.
05/16/08
This is really wonderful. The transitions flow smoothly, and the story is extremely engaging. Love the creative title. Too funny. Great idea to make a clear point/message with your first and last sentence bringing the story to full circle. Oh, and I laughed out loud when you said John "looked like a cartoon character." What a picture! WEll done!
05/20/08
People like this give me the jitters. You did great using dialog and I loved the images you painted. Very well done!
I was exhausted just reading about John. I enjoyed the voice and the descriptions in this smooth flowing entry.
Very clever title too; well done TP :)
I know people like John. They wear me out. You nailed Type A personalities.
I like the way you repeated your first line and used it as your last line, too. It made everything fit together nicely. This was a good read.
05/21/08
This is a fantastic story. I loved the contrast in the characters- extrovert/ introvert and the way the conflicts were illustrated. I hope this does well.
I enjoyed your story of a Type A personality and a man with a Christian spirit.
I LOVED the title! And I know someone exactly like John! You've got this one nailed, no kidding. A terrific read!
05/21/08
Good job--both of your characters were very real, and had distinct personalities. Great characterization.
Oh great job here! I got dizzy just trying to follow John around and keep up with this fast-paced story! You nailed the type A personality-the ending slowed down to a nice, lovely finish. Great job! ^_^
I like how you tied the beginning and the end of this story together.

John remidned me of a friend of mine's roommmate. Unfortunately, he hasn't chose to become a Christian yet, but hopefully he does, just like John did in this story.

I enjoyed this, Tim. Thank you for sharing,
05/23/08
Congratulations, Tim, on placing thirteenth in your level with this piece. Great job!
05/24/08
Wow...I hope for John's heart's sake he can learn to tone down that Type-A stuff! Well written and believable.
05/29/08
Good title. Glad John came to acknowledge his need for the Lord in the end. The story was good, but lacked a bit of excitement. But great try. God bless you.