The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 959 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/09/07
How interesting that the act of writing became a means of healing for your narrator--I too have found that to be the case.

I think you meant "dearest" (without the "i") for your title.

I like the letter format of this entry.
08/10/07
I write out my anger, hurt and frustration. Somehow it really does help. Then I rip up what I wrote. Once on paper (and confessed to God), it's gone and I'm sure not going to keep a record of what God has forgotten. Nicely done.
08/12/07
Do you need to talk?

If so, there are hundreds of writers here who are willing to go on "Receive" including me.

Your message touched me.

Pauly
08/12/07
Nicely said. Expressive and deeply troubled, but found that talking and/or writing her Father began to heal the wounds. Good job. God Bless.
08/14/07
The beginning of this piece was very dark. But every line marched closer to the light at the end of the tunnel. And what an awesome light He is.

Good job.
08/14/07
What happened to the MC is a terrible and sad thing. No wonder there was so much anger! I'm glad the ending of your story lead to the Lord and the hope He can bring into a life.
08/14/07
I love that I didn't find out until the end which "Father" she was writing to. This is very honest and well-written. I also love that the letter was part of the healing.
Enjoyed this written confession and how it brought healing.
08/17/07
Great story. You captured the MC's emotions well and described the issue of people who secretly cut themselves.