The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 965 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/22/13
Your writing was very descriptive, bringing up clear images in my mind as I read. It portrayed the wonderful truth of God's unmerited favor to each of us.
02/24/13
Gilead was so wrapped up wallowing in the misery of his conditions that he did not realize not only was he imprisioned by his doings but also remained that way because of his refusal to search for change: repentance and forgiveness. You developed the character well. He brought remembrances of my life at times, wallowing in the misery of my failings without being able to see or take hold of the grace of God.
Well written. I felt his misery become true joy - His King - our King - I love this.
02/24/13
Beautiful job with this piece. I felt the Lord's love and mercy throughout...nicely done.

Thanks. God bless~
02/26/13
This article flowed so well, it kept me on the edge of my seat! It brought out the true meaning of grace and forgiveness. Great submission!
I love this story! what exquisite detail and horrible, yet wonderful pictures you painted. You made me shiver and that's not always easy to do. The only red ink I have is that you used the word despair twice in the opening paragraph. I think this is a creative take on the topic. You delivered your message in a powerful way, but didn't come off as preachy. This is pure talent, for sure. :)
You made me really care about Gilead and what happened to him, so that by the end of your story (which had such a delightful surprise ending) I rejoiced along with him in the mercy and grace he was receiving at the hands of the King. I too loved your word pictures and descriptions. You know how to weave an excellent story. I did have a little trouble getting into the story because of the first line, it was just such a downer. If you removed it, you would be removing one of the aforementioned duplicated "despairs" and I think keep the suspense up for a few sentences as to where this is all taking place. Just a thought... Nice job!
02/28/13
Congratulations!

Wing His Words
I wanted to say congrats, but also waned to show you how different one person's opinion is.That's the thing with feedbacks, different people can have vastly different preferences so you must remember it's just one person's opinion and in the end, the choice has to be yours. I liked the dark beginning. For me it set the stage and I could almost hear the spooky music in the background that is played to show the viewer danger is near.:)
This was such a wonderfully clever story. Great writing -- I am really glad that it won 1st place in this level. Congratulations to you!
02/28/13
WOW!! Your last line was such a positive, powerful ending to a piece that opened with deep darkness and despair! It made me happy! :) Your descriptions were excellent and your message clear. I loved this passage: "“You chose imprisonment,” answered the King. “All these years, you have been your own jailer. The door was open. To gain forgiveness, you had only to ask.” What truth! What grace and mercy! HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 1ST PLACE LEVEL WIN!! I look forward to reading more of your work. WAY TO WRITE! :)
Congratulations on placing first in your level and for ranking 15 overall! (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards for the top 8 to 15 in each level and the top 35 overall.)
02/28/13
Congrats. God bless~
03/04/13
You painted a beautiful portrait of grace! Congratulations on your winning entry and I look forward to reading more of your creative, colorful stories.
A creative piece no grace. Congratulations on your win!