The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1030 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Keeping Jesus as the core of our lives and marriage - yes, marriage will last. Selfish desires are what eat away at marriage - when we stop looking for what our spouses can do for us, and start living together in unity, loving in and through our Savior, the blessings flow. Thank you for writing this . . .
02/24/13
Lovely and memorable piece, especially the last line. Thanks. God bless~
I think you make some great points. I'm not sure everyone will agree with them, nut that's okay as long as it makes people stop and think. There are definitely reasons when a divorce should happen and I would never judge anyone who felt they needed to do that. it does seem like it is too easy these days. I think like you mentioned they must both work together and help one another. I will admit it seemed a bit week on the topic. Even though you included the sentence at the end, it wouldn't have changed your story at all had you left it out.I think this might even be more of a tongue in cheek piece about just going out and making a new key. It won't work if you have the same lock. For the marrage to work, the lock and the key must be in agreement. I enjoyed the satire in this piece and I hope many pick up on the wisdom in it like I did. You said so much more than just what your words said and it is a clever way to get couples to think and work together as God intended.