The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1082 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/11/10
Oh sweet. I used to love going to the school library! What memories:)
06/15/10
Completely delightful! The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes is one of my most favorite poems and I loved how you patterned yours after that wonderful verse. Well done!!
This is such a delightful rhyme. I could picture myself back in 2nd grade in our school library as I read. You do an amazing job with the meter, it is so soothing.
06/15/10
I love "a torrent of silence"! Lots of good stuff here. Your wonderful creativity is much appreciated (and envied). Well done.
06/15/10
Really liked this, you must have been a librarian! Keep writing and reading, reading...
06/16/10
So descriptive I could picture this librarian!
06/16/10
Delightful!
I love "The Highwaymen" and your parody of it. Well done.
What a lovely story in rhyme about third grade children visiting the library for the first time and the effect it had on the librarian. Keep Writing.
06/17/10
AH! From the first line, I recognized the echoes of the Highwayman, which only added to my enjoyment of this excellent poem. Great work!
06/17/10
Love it! I saw a smile on that stern face at the end, giving me a nice warm feeling after the amusement before it.