The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1120 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/15/10
I enjoyed reading this and thank you for all your efforts in bringing to our attention so many facts unknown to most in the churches. God bless you for it. Vince.
04/16/10
It's tragic but true; that we will die for our beliefs, but we will kill for our interpretations.
You have covered a lot of territory in a small space. Well done.
04/16/10
An inspiring tribute to the man, and chock-full of history and facts!
Very interesting information about these churches. We have both Mennonites and Amish not too far from here, but I never knew the history behind these Churches.
A well-written and interesting historical piece. Hats off to you.
04/18/10
A very interesting article, so full of history, yet also bringing the man to 'life'. Well done!
04/19/10
This is a fascinating well-written glimpse into history. I especially like this, "Already some were referring to his followers as Mennonites but Menno took no pleasure in such ascriptions. Christ was the master, not man."
04/21/10
I enjoyed this look into early church history.
This was a well placed/timed article, and helps sort out the different quarrels of religion. Thanks be to our God and loving savior, Jesus, we have no quarrel with simple men of faith as you described who take God at his Word. Amen. "Great way to teach without the preach!"
After reading this, I can't help but wonder, will any of us ever get it right - you know doctrine, interpretation, etc. My only conclusion is what CS Lewis observed: that religion is man reaching up to God, while Christianity is God reaching down to man.
There was a lot of historical fiction written this week and this is one of the good ones. I think it's very telling the "penned lines" each writer has chosen as ones they believe ultimately changed the course of history. Or, did they but channel it even if but for a time? Great job!
04/22/10
Thank you for this inspiring piece of History beuatifully penned!

We often forget the sacrifices made by such heroes of the Faith like "Luther and Menno."

I pray that this message pricks the hearts of every FW who reads it!
I didn't get a chance to read all of the entries last week when I was in the hospital, but I'm glad i took the time to look yours up and read it. I always learn so many interesting details when I read your articles. You do a great job of bringing History to life.