The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1696 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
How clever.
Great title.
I love that the wife was preventing more trouble by not throwing guilt on the husband; a less obvious but important message.
Very well done...again, how clever! Loved it.
01/10/08
Fun and cute! You did great work on this! :)
01/11/08
Ha! Love the perspective of this piece. Well done...I was able to picture the chair, in all it's personality! :)
01/11/08
In my experience, there's a whole host of household objects that taunt me daily with their never-ending requests on their behalf. Very clever story! Love the creativity for the topic.
What a fun piece! I have to say cute and clever at the same time. I liked the title and thought it was going to be something about a workshop, but this was quite a delightful read! Excellent job! ^_^
01/12/08
Excellent story! Very creative.
Laury
01/12/08
At first I thought it was the chair that was injured; then I find at the end it's the wife that's injured. Also I was confused as to who was talking to whom; but not to worry, I'm getting old and a bit dense. However, I thought it VERY creative!
01/12/08
Now that I have read the "other" comments, I went back and re-read this delightful saga - and NOW I understand it. Should have read it twice before commenting. Thanks for the "smile"...(*.*) Great job!
01/12/08
Cute and creative. A delightful read.
01/13/08
How cute! I really liked this! I'm glad I'm not the only one that imagines my inanimate objects talking to me!
01/14/08
I can't help but think this woman has taken a few too many pain pills. I was laughing all the way through this.
This is unique and a delight to read. Good job!
01/14/08
I think I have sat in that chair before. If it's the same chair it deserves to be exposed.
Clever and witty approach to the topic.
01/14/08
A refreshing change of pace with this one. Delightful.
I loved this approach to the topic (but, then again, a chair that talks to a person usually is a winner in my books).
01/14/08
Unique and creative, absolutely.

The last sentence threw me a bit: it starts in past tense and ends in present tense.

Love the way you made an inanimate object teach the lesson, and in an highly entertaining manner.
01/14/08
This is my favorite line - "That unfinished chair has been taunting me all morning."

I love personification - this was fun!
01/14/08
Very imaginative! It was funny and warm. I love how she stood up for her husband. I enjoyed it a lot!
01/14/08
Fun, clever and creative! I'm so glad you're back ... I've missed your fantastic entries!
I should introduce your chair to my computer desk, but that's a whole other story. I enjoyed this really creative story. Thumbs up.
What an imagination! A pleasure to read - I imagine it was even more fun to write. The chair taunting her made me giggle.
01/16/08
What a fun read! I'm glad I'm not the only one that hears things talking! Creative from start to finish--I loved the 'muffled' part at the end. :-)