The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 967 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/27/07
Oh wow, love this retelling of the story! Poor Simon, neglectful of his guests and self-righteous before the Lord! It must have been his most embarrassing moment!
07/27/07
Well written. I liked the descriptions and the narrative flowed smoothly.
07/28/07
Very good. Well written. Nice perspective. God bless.
07/30/07
I really liked your very descriptive opening lines! I could just see the boy Ben running to bring his news of approaching guests! This was an excellent retelling of this famous Bible story, and it fits so well with the topic! I liked the way you ended the piece with Simon ordering towels and water to finally wash his guests' feet! Very good writing! :)
07/31/07
This is written very well. Great descriptive phrases. You did a very nice job retelling this story -- and it fits so perfectly for the topic.
This is excellent and very well written. I want to read more of your writing.
08/03/07
Congratulations, Marlene. Your entry has placed 34th overall, and 15th in Level 3. Well Done! The Lists for the Top 15 in each Level and the Top 40 overall is available in the Weekly Results and Highest Rankings forum of our Faithwriters Message Boards.