The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1449 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/13/07
Even though I'm unclear on a few things in this story, I loved it, especially the image of poking the fat mouse in the behind. What excellent writing!
07/13/07
I like Samuel's positive attitude and I infer it is this that tells the confident story. Though confined without and human contact he continues to trust God. The fat mouse is God's delivery system. One of the purpose of story is help people understand old concepts in a new way. Thanks for giving me this new approach to confidence, and the reminder that our God works in unseen and wonderous ways.
07/13/07
Great detail. You had me completely engaged.
07/14/07
This was fascinating. I am reminded of the Israelites entering the Promised Land — once they got there, the manna stopped — there was no more need for it! With rescue close, Samuel didn't need the bread, water or the pan. Good job.
07/14/07
The confidence in God your character showed was very comforting and such a blessing. Great work!
A great read! And some great insights! Kudos!
I really enjoyed this and you made it easy to picture in my mind.
Loved the ending.
Very unique, I loved the minute details and was totally absorbed in Samuel's routine.
I was fascinated by this unusual story that was was written unusually well. I like the way the details builg, one upon another.
An expertly crafted tail, er...tale. I'm really amazed at your creativity. And you kept my full attention, beginning to end.
07/17/07
A master story teller. You drew me in and had me reading every line. A unique way to present the topic. I love the title, too.
07/17/07
Very creative, unique and an "edge-of-the-seat" type story that kept the reader enraptured and intrigued with "What next?" Neat job from the Kind Master of the Puppy Pen... Kudos!
07/17/07
Very creative, unique and an "edge-of-the-seat" type story that kept the reader enraptured and intrigued with "What next?" Neat job from the Kind Master of the Puppy Pen... Kudos!
07/17/07
I was hoping you'd have a way out for your character before you finished the story, and you did not disappoint. What I thought was just some companionship, keeping the mouse fed, turned out to provide deliverance. Very clever and a total surprise!
The writing and the story are very intriguing - I couldn't wait to see what came next. I need to meditate on the ending I guess, because I'm not sure of the meaning. (Note - twenty six and numbers like it should be hyphenated). Much talent in your pen!
Oh, I really liked this. I didn't understand exactly how the mouse helped the man, but I knew he did and it had something to do with making him fat. Anyway, it was very well written.
07/18/07
I really liked your story. It drew me in from the beginning. I enjoyed the twist as well. What a unique idea for the topic.
Very creative; I enjoyed this one...
I had to read this twice to 'get it' and when I did it made me laugh. I did find a few of the 'missing commas' I think. But it was fun to read anyway. Good job.
Without a doubt, to me, anyway, you have a creative mind full of double entendres, and it causes me, a reader, to put on my thinking cap and consider what is being said. And, I enjoy it - those writers that make me think. Thank-you for the message, missing punctuations and all!
07/18/07
I was hooked. Starting like that was ingenious--I had to find out what happened to him! The visual of poking the fat mouse was great, and a relief. :D Loved it!
07/19/07
Cool story! You painted a great picture here, and I loved the details you put into how Samuel kept track of time. One thing - take it or leave it - instead of "fat" mouse, it might be better to use something more endearing, like "well-fed" mouse, since the mouse was kind of Samuel's friend. Other than that, great job, great writing, great detail, and great voice!