The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 796 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/10/14
I’d love to have your input into the free writing lessons available on the FaithWriters forums. This week’s lesson is on writing devotionals, and next week will cover writing on topic for the weekly challenge. Look for it at http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=67, or if you’re on Facebook, you can “like” Faithwriters Writing Lessons.
01/10/14
Wow! Excellent and so powerful. What a perfect close to an amazingly well written entry.

God bless~
Great way to tie in your title at the end. I'm glad that Ms. Beth was able to realize that. I really liked the characters and the little details like the spilled milk and the children helping with setting the table and such. Good job! Thanks for sharing.
01/11/14
This made me think of my granddaughter's preschool, which has a similar person on staff. How nice to get a glimpse into her day, and her evening reflections!
01/13/14
Beautiful descriptions of the warmth growing between Beth and the children. Love the reflection at the end of the day.

There were a couple of spelling errors, and that happens to all of us, lol.

Just a suggestion. Instead of telling us that she is wondering why God gave her the job, actually have her wonder. Something like, Why had God given her the job now, at sixty-two years of age? The quotations around her thoughts might not be necessary since we are in Beth's POV. Maybe something like, Of course she could do it faster and easier herself, but...

Well done!
I enjoyed this warmhearted story.
01/14/14
You kind story touched my heart (and not JUST because of your MC's name.) :) It excellentIy illustrates your inspiration verse. I could see the whole story play out. Great work!
Being barren, I could so well identify with Beth. I now am a mom to my sweet older sister, for which I constantly thank God.
Effective story to go along with that verse.

An easy read filled with emotion and tension. The answers and consolation come at the end.
Congratulations on ranking 8th in your level! (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.)