The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 921 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a wonderful tribute to your father and an even better family legacy. I got goosebumps over your father having his Bible left open!

I especially liked when you said he had black and white standards for himself, but showed nothing but grace and mercy to others. Would have liked to have known him!
What a beautiful tribute to fathers. It was great how you weave the generations together with the simple saying Have you lost the wonder.
03/21/10
Nothing to say but--absolutely lovely!
03/24/10
I wonder if you were going to get back to the son's question "have you lost the wonder?" You sort of left him hanging there for awhile. In some places the quotes were placed around "wow" and others they were left off. I would think you would want to have consistency. Overall I really did like the content of the article. Good job.
A very moving piece! Your father left a wonderful Christian legacy for others to follow. That's priceless. Congratulations on your 1st place finish and Editor's Choice!
03/25/10
Praying I never lose the wonder. Good job. Congrats.

Mona
03/25/10
Wow! What a wonderful story! Very well-written, and great theme all the way through. Congratulations on your win!
03/25/10
Wonderful! If only we could all distill that faith to our children. What a great man.
03/26/10
What a blessing to have a dad like yours. I loved how you used your son's question to ponder God's wonders. Congratulations!
03/26/10
A truly wonder-ful message! Congratulations on your Editor's Choice award.
03/28/10
This is a great reminder to all of us that there is a legacy to be left - or not. It's not too late to start. Great story - one a father would be proud of. Congratulations.