The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1078 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/13/05
Very true. It doesn't "mix". All you can do is pray... but what if it's too late?
Thank you for this. It's wonderful and thought provoking.
09/13/05
You did a good job painting a picture of Mike's personality.
09/14/05
there is an Old Testament verse that says, "Will not God do what is just and right?" Comfort yourself with that truth. Pastor and teacher Charles Stanley also writes this about suicide: "Many wonder if God would forgive suicide. Jesus took on all our sin at the Cross, and His grace covers our worst sins, even in death."
09/24/06
Oh Pauly. I can't type for tears streaming down my face. You're a master of the wordsmithing business! Loved this! Sorry to be filling your mailbox up today...but I can't get enough!
09/30/06
You have written another beautiful tribute to a remarkable friend. I appreciate the perspective of Sandra's comment. Psalm 130 becomes my dwelling place in such times of grief: "If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But [there is] forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared. I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope." Thanks be to God for His mercy which endures forever.