The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 746 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Good story. A nice way to portray our Father's love.
02/20/07
nice story, I enjoyed reading it and can relate to it. I think it would make for an excellent devotional.
02/22/07
I agree about the devotional. This was an emotional piece with a great message. Great job!
Ohhh! I could share the disappointment at losing such a treasured gift! You did a good job with the emotions in this piece. I also like how you managed to add the piece at the bottom about another priceless gift. Well done ^_^
02/22/07
Very good story. You told it well, but it is alos why it could have been much better. You told us everything and didn't show anything. I can tell you are a good writer, so I don't feel like I'm wasting my time giving some pointers. Yu have great potential. A little dialogue would have helped your story. Also your lead was a lil so-so. I think if you would have started with the main character losing the wallet it would have been a better hook. Overall, a great story, you have great talent, and with a lil work many more people than us here at FWs will be reading your future work. God bless.
02/22/07
As is, your story has an excellent devotional quality to it. I really enjoyed reading it! However, I do agree that the opening could have been "punched up" a bit to grab the reader right off. Thank you for sharing this wonderful piece with us! :)
02/22/07
This is the point of the story that just stuns me. You take us from the heights to the depths in a matter of seconds. What pathos! I love what you have done, here:

"As I was leaving church that day, I felt like Joseph after he had received his coat of many colors from Jacob! That is, until I reached for my back pocket to check for my wallet--and it was not there."

The link to Joseph and his coat is just beautiful, and it is painful to read how quickly that joy came crashing down. I look forward to reading more of the story.