The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1137 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/19/07
Excellent job! I felt the compulsion to write as I read. I loved the last line!
01/20/07
Well done. I thought that you described the writing process so well. When inspiration is presented, the pen flies across the paper and hours disappear! I remember the writer's block I had when I was in the shop trying out my first computer. I told my husband that I'd rather write with pen: the words were not keeping pace with my typing skills. I waited to type and just dribble came. I ended up typing a typing drill, "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party." YES! THE WORDS OF A BRILLIANT WRITER!!! Thanks for capturing the joys and frustrations of writing in one short piece!
01/21/07
This is a description that we all can relate to. Your words are inspired and eloquent. Nice work.
01/22/07
This is beautifully crafted with wonderful imagery and great clarity. I also loved your last line. I don't imagine you'll be in beginners very long!
01/22/07
Excellent piece of creativity. I like your illustrative choice, an identifiable association to the writer, the pen. Your words were eloquently written. I am inspired.
What a beautiful masterpiece!
01/23/07
Wonderful. You captured the anxiety, tension and the restlessness that comes when you know you need to write, but the words just aren't there, until...
Good job!!
01/24/07
Simply awesome! Two thumbs up from me!
Writing is an adventure and you beautifully captured the anxiety and uncertainty that accompany it.

Someone once marvelled at what I had written, “You wrote all this—how did you figure out all this and wrote it down?” I answered, “I didn’t have a chance of figuring it all out—I was only given what to start with.”

Writing is about starting. The direction and the content is the work of Him who inspires us. I truly identified with this piece. Brilliant! Thanks!