The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 578 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/05/13
Very good story I enjoyed the message too. The poor guy didn't tell his mom that she was part of the reason he lost the bet! But, so happy that Ned's mom made him pay for his taking advantage of the "younger and smaller friend."

I really liked the way you concluded this clever tale.

God bless~
This is a delightful story. I thoroughly enjoyed it. You did a great job of pulling me in. I found myself rooting for the underdog.

I was confused at first. I thought they were grown men talking over a fence. Once I realized they were boys, I was even more invested in the story.

Children's stories are my favorite genre. I liked how you had Charlie resolve the conflict himself by taking the water out of the bag while still being responsible for the back. This was a delightful read and a fascinating take on the topic.
09/12/13
Congrats! God Bless~

Loved this story!!!
09/12/13
Congratulations on your Third Place finish! That's terrific. I'm so happy for you, and know it's always encouraging to have your work recognized. Your stories are favorites of mine and this one, in particular, was such a delight. For some reason, the comment I wrote and submitted for this story never made it on the list. Hm, I'll check before I leave it next time. Well, in any case, I can tell you now...I loved the story and its important message. Thanks and yippee for your success in the judging process this week!