The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 452 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/05/13
I really enjoyed this reflective and uplifting piece that will touch many hearts. God bless the person who found your wallet. How wonderful you're giving back to the community as well.

God bless~
I really enjoyed this piece. You did a nice job of setting up the conflict right away.Some people don't think a devotion needs a conflict, but you used it expertly. It really helps to pull the reader in and makes her feel invested in the story.

The only thing I would encourage you to avoid is talking directly to the reader. It's a good thing to do in public speaking, but when writing, work on bringing your MC (in this case you) to life so the reader can relate. FOR Ex: When I was younger, a cashier gave me extra change, I jumped up and celebrated my good fortune.

I enjoyed your message and could relate. Once I found batteries unpaid for in my cart. It was during Christmas time and I'd already secured kids in car. Oh I didn't want to drag them back out in the snow to return batteries that I needed. I thought of leaving them in cart but worried someone else would take them. God did reward me greatly with a wonderful feeling in my heart. I'm sure your Good Samaritan felt that rush, too. Great message.
Congratulations for ranking 7th in your level! (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards)