The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 586 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/25/19
Fun story and a good reminder to read the small print!
07/25/19
Ha!! Love it. My grandmother always thought she was going to be a winner, but I don't think she ever made this same mistake. A fun read, a good point, and well-told.
07/26/19
Ah, yes. The famous small print on the sweepstakes entry!

You do a good job of building the suspense and showing the emotional struggle of Mattie as she tries to keep the secret.

Cute story.
07/26/19
I knew being an actual winner was too good to be true! Great build up. So many people really are into all these sweepstake- they just don't get it.
Your story is a delight, beginning to end!
I especially enjoyed the description of her plans for the winnings, and I just hated for her brother to be the one to find her mistake! Her mistake is one lots of folks new to PCH makes. I loved it!
This is a great story. You did a nice job of developing your characters. The title kind of gave away the ending. (Maybe something as simple as The Sweepstakes might work better, but titles aren't my strongest suit.) I thought maybe she'd be disqualified because of her age since many sweepstakes are only open to over 18 or 21. Your ending was way funnier though. Your message is an important one too. It's so important to thoroughly read something before signing it. Thankfully, Jesus doesn't come with a microscopic small print, which is another great message I took from your delightful story.
07/29/19
Really good job with the topic,
well done.
Blessings~
The humor is absolutely top notch. Unfortunately, that really is how this particular contest goes. Anyway, I love, love, love this. One of my favorites this week.