The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 934 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/09/14
Thank you for sharing your mountaintop reflections, and the warmth of memories on the front porch. You've made me wish I'd taken the time to enter into this round of entries. Vivid heartfelt writing.
10/09/14
Great opening, and wonderful, poetic writing throughout. This piece is so intensely descriptive that even though I gave up eating sugar long ago, it made me want a slice of that pie bulging with fresh-picked peaches, and a bottle of Pepsi. Your word choice is fantastic. "bottle of Pepsi," for example...something about the way the consonants rolled off my tongue made it sound (and feel) so refreshing.

I was a little bit confused about the labeling of this piece "partly fiction." It made me curious, wanting to know which parts, exactly, were fiction.

10/09/14
The imagery in this piece is utterly gorgeous; a yearning arose from the pit of my stomach to be on that porch. I felt as If I was there. The sounds of your night porch will echo in my heart as well. This was masterfully written.
10/13/14
Mesmerizing read filled with amazing imagery and moments of reflection.

God bless~
10/14/14
Well done. I like all the references to roads. That tied it all together.

I think all fiction is built on some kind of non-fiction, which in turn, often is made smoother by a touch of fiction.

(Thanks for the welcome back.)
This was a winner for me with the beauty of your poetic prose.
10/15/14
Stunning! Loved it! You managed to avoid being a member of the portly folk, eating all that lovely grub -- mmm?
10/16/14
I knew this would do well!! I just reread it and I can't tell you what longings it evoked. So beautiful. Congratulations!
This brought tears to my eyes. Living in a rural area in WNY, I could totally relate. We have much in common and you brought tears to my eyes. The timing of this is so perfect that it is nothing but God. Congratulations on your well-deserved EC! I've missed seeing your name in the challenge and of course I'm doing a huge Happy Dance for you!
10/18/14
Congratulations Lillian.

God bless~