The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1015 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oooh...how bittersweet. That was very touching.

I didn't quite understand the ending part about God and prayers. Was it that he was praying to be with her? Could be just me.

I liked it. Gently evocative with lovely imagery.
08/16/14
You had me from the beginning. I loved the unexplained background noises that gave us the slight hints we needed (helicopter, commotion in the churchyard).

You gave us such an eloquent description of every step Arthur took along the path, that I felt like I was there. I truly thought you were going to end it with him dying right there on her grave, and, oddly, that would have been okay with me. I felt his frustration as he had to wait some more.

Great job!
Oh, this is so beautiful - a real winner in my books! Your descriptions leave me breathless whilst, at the same time, taking me right into the wood, the churchyard, to watch this scene unfold. I really really love this. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story. (Love your title!)
What a sweet story!
08/18/14
Your vivid descriptions brought me right into this poignant drama.
I'm so glad Arthur's caregiver scolded him ever so gently, in naming him a scoundrel.
Perfect ending!
This beautifully tender piece is a favorite for me this week.
08/19/14
Your work flows so effortlessly into our minds with such depth of description and such tangible emotion. Beautifully done.
Judges please take note - Numero Uno ranking, thank you..
08/20/14
Kleenex please!
I loved this moving, touching sweeping piece.

I love the elderly, worked in nursing homes my entire career, and appreciate this so much.

Oh and the ending! Chilling in a beautiful inspiring way.

Yes...winner all the way.

God bless~
I loved this. Did not see the end coming; brilliant. He did celebrate his 100th with Gracie by his side again. Beautiful.
Oh this is so beautiful. I have tears in my eyes. You created such a marvelous MC. His grit inspires me. The only red ink I have is don't let your title give away your thrilling ending. Congratulations on your EC! Happy Dance!!
Many congrats Dee on your EC. This story continues to take one of the top places in my book - I just love it.
I love your descriptions of the wildlife in the garden. The ending was poignant and teary.
08/21/14
Congrats!

God bless~