The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 830 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/18/14
I had never considered that what you described could have been Jacob's reasoning. Very insightful and excellent writing.
This was an interesting POV. I thoroughly enjoyed the picture you painted.
07/21/14
What a great take on this week's topic. Well-written. I could picture all that was taking place. Enjoyed the story even though I knew the outcome.
07/21/14
I thoroughly enjoyed "discovering" that the story was about Jacob. This is well-written and a fascinating read.
This is one of my favorites this week. I like how you left us think it was about you to start with, then built up to revealing the identity of the MC.
07/22/14
A great use of the topic and an engaging recounting of the story of Jacob. Well done!
07/22/14
A great lesson about how our character changes, from dark to light, as we struggle to know God and His ways. Deep calling to deep here and the true meaning of this Biblical story is revealed.

My only red ink is that I knew it was Jacob from para two. But maybe it isn't so much red ink as coming to know your stories and voice.

I felt you told the story worthy of the master you are and I loved the real message that remains in the parable.

Blessings.
I think I liked most his moment of self-realization--that he had always been a cheater. This was a Bible story retold in a most interesting fashion.
A great job of retelling a familiar story in a captivating way. Outstanding.
07/23/14
Great approach to the topic. Great story in delivery and content.

Well done.

God bless~
07/23/14
Nicely written remake from Jacob's POV.

The Bible leaves much to our imagination and I really enjoy creative takes like yours.
I'm so happy for you! This is a great piece. Congratulations!
07/24/14
Congrats!

God bless~
07/26/14
Congratulations on your EC, Joe. It's well deserved.