The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1218 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/13/14
This was quite a fascinating read. I was lulled into the tranquility of the setting despite that nagging lay-off buzzing over Bluey's head. "Chainsaw season" is one of my favorites here (when we cut firewood) and I've heard the horror stories too. Bluey's resourcefulness is admirable in filling that niche that society needed. The names of your characters (which I'm sure were changed) were quite entertaining!
06/17/14
Being a city girl, this really fascinated me. It held my attention and pulled me in.

Well done!

God bless~
06/19/14
Congrats on your well deserved HC! Great writing, as usual..blessings
06/19/14
Congratulations Noel!

"Do you know any of the judges?"

LOL...kidding of course!

Great job with this terrific entry.

God Bless~
06/19/14
Great job Noel...I mean that literally - teaching safe chainsaw operation sounds like a great job! :)

Seriously, congratulations on your EC finish. This was thoughtful, well written and very engaging with authentic characters and dialogue.

Very nicely done!
06/21/14
Congratulations, Noel. This was a great, true-blue, Aussie story that rang very true. The privatisation of the electricity companies, the down-sizing, the typical Aussie nicknames - all familiar. And what a great bounce-back, reinvention of himself, while not having to move. Great writing!
06/24/14
Loved the author's note.
BTW was the only pun the one in the title?