The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 633 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/14/14
I love stories that make me wish I knew the MC. The kind where, by the end, you feel like you have a relationship with them. That's how I felt with this. Beautiful!
06/15/14
This tender tale of friendship tugged at my heart and I wanted there to be more when it ended. I imagined Joe to have the kindest of faces and the description of his smile was beautiful.
Just a teensy red ink: I think the title could have been more interesting--something to whet the readers appetite for a good read. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed this entry.
I so loved this! I loved your MC and read racing to the end to see what would happen to him. Some of your expressions are golden.I loved 'the candour of his unwavering gaze told me of his acceptance'. You are a talented writer. Well done!
06/17/14
Poignant and hauntingly beautiful.

God bless~
06/17/14
This was such a patient story. The events unfolding at a pace that was simply perfect. Not so slow that it bogged down, but not in a race to the finish, leaving you out of breath, either. Just a steady, deliberate pace, sort of like I imagine Joe's loping stride, that carried us along, past impactful event, after impactful event.

Great work here. A truly masterful job.

Thanks for sharing.
06/18/14
You've combined description and reflection so well that I also felt like I'd like to know your MC. Great work.
Congratulations on ranking 19th overall! Happy Dance!
06/22/14
It's a comfort to know that despite all the heart-ache here on earth, Joe has a brilliant future awaiting him. You've done a magnificent job telling Joe's story.