The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1040 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/11/14
Great message in this well written and interesting story.

God bless~
I love this. I have seen similar small groups lose their focus through ill-preparedness and disabling jealousy. Very well written.
05/13/14
I loved what happened in Dave's heart and the message of honest soul searching.

For me, I would like to have seen a little of that in Greg's life too. The omnishables could have been reflected better as both guys saw their mistakes. But that's only my thoughts.

Having said that, I think you did a great job of reflecting Dave's emotions as he realized the shambles he'd made. The message that he could have handled it better came through loud and clear.

Blessings
I really enjoyed this and could relate to Dave more than I would care to admit. The main red ink I have is the beginning was a lot more telling than showing. Perhaps if you had put some of Dave's thoughts in italics or actually shown his emotions as Greg took over.
The ending brought the story full circle. Though it's sad that Greg only saw himself as a victim, but the story is told from Dave's POV so we don't know what happens when he goes in to apologize. I like that because it is open-ended and each reader can think it out for herself. I totally enjoyed this and think you did a great job of the topic.
05/14/14
You did a nice job making this piece feel like it was a real dilemma and subsequent realization for the MC.
05/16/14
Good job, Joe! Congratulations and your well deserved placement. God bless!
So very well deserved - thought and content outstanding.

Congratulations!
Hebrews 10:26-31 KJV
05/17/14
Wonderful writing Joe. I'm sure everyone reading this could relate in one way or the other. Congratulations!
05/27/14
Excellent. Great portrayal of the underlying psychology