The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 945 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/15/14
Oh how I LOVE this! Your opening paragraph had me feeling like I was standing on the shore in your shoes...or bare feet. A great lesson and a particularly relevant one for me today. Thank you for writing this. It's beautiful!
03/15/14
I grew up in a small beach town. Your descriptions made me homesick; that's a component. The way you used the story of Peter stepping out on the water brought tears to my eyes. Well done.
03/17/14
Brilliant writing! Your opening paragraph was delicious and continued in the same descriptive vein to the end. Great message too. Loved it!
03/17/14
I'm giving myself a little red ink::-)

"I step back towards solid ground; but not before I hear His voice."

The semicolon should be a comma. Please don't be afraid to point out more errors. All comments appreciated.
03/17/14
A truly brilliant masterpiece. The beginning had a true poetic feel to it and I was really captivated with the sensation of the scene you described so beautifully. That Peter moment captured the lack of faith of Peter but you retrieved your moment in the end. Great writing.
03/18/14
What a powerful beginning! I love how you "hear" the silence, and I can visualize the respectful ocean with it's muted ripples.

Your words challenge me to go beyond the safety of the shoreline. I need to trust that my Father knows best.
Beautiful in word and meaning for how God equips us when He calls us. I love the sharpness of the picture you painted.
03/19/14
Beautiful application of theme. Loved the message.
03/19/14
This is beautifully written with lovely imagery. It rings true as well. Just one red ink comment - I would change 'pass' into 'past' and 'scoops' into 'scoop' in this sentence: "..., I feel the sharp spray of sand as two lanky legs sprint pass me, scoops up the happy, arm flinging racer and carries him ...". The first is probably just a typo but in the second the noun and verb have to match. (two lanky legs, scoop). However, it is well-written and well on topic.
Congratulations for ranking 23 overall! Happy Dance!!