The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1187 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Fiction maybe, but so real for those of us who have lost height and gained width with the years. Sigh! But as your story tells it, these are minor issues beside the love of God. A very needed message. God bless you.
This is definitely a must needed message, way too many people judge one another by their looks and people are too hard on themselves. As one of my favorite Bible verses says,"God looks not at the appearance of man, but on the heart..." I love some of your phrases like the MC taking off her 'intercessor hat' when the MC became so absorbed with herself, and then toward the end of the story when her priorities are turned back around and you use the phrase that the MC 'slung to her knees.' There was excellent imagery used throughout this piece, and I loved the transparency you created between the MC and the reader. Nice job.
I knew something didn't seem right with that one comment. Not 'slung,' but 'slunk to her knees...'
Oh this is absolute genius! You are truly a master. You had me covering my mouth, my eyes wide as I devoured every word. i feel like you could have been inside my head as I am so familiar to the self-loathing. I need to listen for the Voice as well. Your choice of words from the title to the very end was perfection. Your behind may be ample but it doesn't even begin to measure up to your heart to share a message such as this. God led me here in His timing, knowing I needed these words right now. It's amazing!
05/02/13
Every woman can relate to this story -- the quick dash to the store and HOPING no one we know sees us. Yep, yep -- been there, done that! Good job! God bless!
Congratulations for ranking 22 overall!