The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 941 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Another fun venture into a bygone day--quite a bit different from my own early experiences of grocery shopping in America, but with a special flavor all its own.
08/24/12
You brought me in to this time and place of a country store with your rich details. I could see her wrapping up the candies in a little bag. Sweet memories well written.
08/24/12
This reminded me of my young days when I would visit my aunt and uncle in the country. I loved your descriptions, your imagination and this whole piece. Thank you.

God bless~
08/25/12
I enjoyed this quaint little peek into the past...very descriptive and well written.
I enjoyed this journey, first back to a simpler time in the charming old country store and then across the ocean to a different country. I thought this was a charming read.
08/26/12
This is good. I liked it.
08/27/12
I really enjoyed this. It reminded me a the country stores I used to go to in south georgia, usa.when I was a little girl. I got rag bologna and funny looking cheese. I really miss that kind of shopping.
You are an excellent writer!
08/27/12
I really enjoyed your delightful memories and the wonderful word pictures you gave us with your fine writing! In this case, the past was certainly more pleasant than the present! :)
08/30/12
"when people mattered more than stuff." I loved it! A delightful story, especially since I grew up in the 50's, only not in the UK. God bless!
Congratulations for ranking 17 overall!