The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1002 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/23/12
I enjoyed reading this entry. It's similar to mine and takes me back to childhood days. I think the last time my mother sent me to the corner shop for a large loaf it cost elevenpence ha'penny.

I liked, 'half a pound of tuppeny rice, half a pound of treacle, mix it up and make it nice, POP goes the weasil.'

Oh dear, I'm living in the past again. That's a sure sign of ageing!
This is a delightful venture back to yesterday--well done.
08/24/12
Hahahaha. I smiled and enjoyed this more than I can say. Thank you.

God bless~
This is such a delightful tale. Though the actual premise of the story is one I've read several times this week, your MC made it fresh and charming.

I did take pause at this phrase-- In the press she was elbowed aside,--I scratched my head trying to figure out how the media had gotten involved before I figured it was likely a British phrase. (Those ignorant Americans-- insert smilie throwing hands in air and sighing! :))

The ending was fantastic and had me giggling. This was a pure delight to read.
08/30/12
My, I just love little elderly Dora! What a sweetie! I enjoyed this very much, and the writing was great! God bless!