The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1440 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/16/12
Very nice. The story fit the catagory well, and the dialogue was well done. I could feel the tension building.
06/17/12
Thank you for this story. You have presented the problems against which to guard one's heart in a plot I will remember for a long time. If only the leaders of the nations today had such wise uncles to train their minds.
06/17/12
You've presented us with emotions we must guard against in a story I will long remember. Oh, that the upcoming young leaders of the nations today had wise uncles to teach them with such honor and love.

Thank you for this story.
Great way to present the topic as it transcends not only the mental conditioning to fight physical battles, but the spiritual guards needed as well to fend for our souls. I like the way you were able to tell this tale, too. It flowed smoothly and believably and I could (with the dialogue) see everything going on.
06/18/12
i thought this was excellent writing...i enjoyed this guard your heart....thanks!
06/18/12
i thought this was excellent writing...i enjoyed this guard your heart....thanks!
06/19/12
Nice job with this one. I loved the historic feel to it.
Excellent --in all the ways that count for the challenge!
06/20/12
Excellent job! I really was taken in from the first sentence to the last. Thank you. God bless~
06/21/12
A good solid story that is right on topic. I agree with Verna it has all the elements required by the judges and should do well for you - I hope so, as it may encourage you to stay around for awhile.