The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1293 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/26/12
This is a stunning entry. I couldn't help but weep as I read the MC's feelings, her aching heart so well expressed.

Then, when you turned and began to make the comparison to your own brokeness and worship as your path to restoration---I wept.

Well done, on all scores---this is certainly destined to rank high.
Outstanding. It certainly connected with me.
04/29/12
This was so beautiful it touched me on so many levels. Thank you.

God BLess~
Ooooh, this is just wonderful. The first half - the very real descriptions of how many must have felt, just touches the heart. The reminder of Haggai's words of God's promise - just wonderful. Then, your own experience drawn from the same truths - this too deeply touches the heart. Thank you for this beautiful writing.
04/30/12
This is so well written that it's almost hypnotic, especially through the first phase with Naara. Then, when you make the connection to how it applies to life, it's just brilliant. I am amazed at how much you were able to show us within the 750 word limit. Great job!
04/30/12
Wow..this floored me! This is a Powerful message. Written very well, and you spoke to the topic perfectly!

Thank you for sharing this personal revelation! God does indeed look on the heart, and not on outward appearances.

Glory to God!




05/01/12
I'm at a loss for words. All I can simply say is
O-U-T-S-T-A-N-D-I-N-G!!!
05/01/12
You did a marvelous job of capturing the emotions of the older generation upon returning to Israel. How they must have longed for the past!

I felt privileged that you chose to share a bit of your testimony with us, how the book of Haggai and its parallels helped to further your faith in the Master Builder.

I think God wanted me to hear that message today. The past few years it seems that He has been doing a similar thing in my life. My faith is different than when I was a child, and sometimes I almost wish I could go back to the simplicity of that faith. But I'm beginning to see, like God showed you, that it's through the trials and testings that my faith can be rebuilt stronger than it was in the past. It's all a matter of continuing to let Him build.

(P.S. This was one of my favorite parts: ) "The rubble of my faith would form a stronger foundation and bring a deeper indwelling of the Holy Spirit, one based on truth, not on feelings or outward appearances."
How beautiful your interpretation of the Bible story is!
05/02/12
Excellent! I loved the story about Naara and the temple...wish I could write like that...
05/03/12
I really relate to this story; especially the second part.

in fact, so much so that I'm not even comfortable admitting it as it wakens some new disappointments.

A well written and challenging piece.
This is a clever take on the topic and you did a great job bringing it to life for me. Your personal reflections at the end really touched my heart.
05/03/12
Congrats!!! So glad this placed. :)
05/03/12
Congratulations on this wonderful writing and well deserved EC.