The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1515 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Such a load for a child to carry. You've expressed it well.
01/27/11
Your MC is so believable—don't we all anticipate the worst of ourselves and of God and then when the crunch comes find that we can find his strength in our weakness and discover just how faithful he really is. Good job.
01/29/11
Very engaging from the get go. You weave a good mystery in a few words. Thanks for sharing.
01/29/11
Very intense. This drew me right into your MC's mind. Well written. Good job.
Excellent! You pour such a full, engaging story into limited words. Well done!
I leave every single word. It reminded mea but of one of my favorite YA books, Don't Look Behind You by Lois Duncan. The suspense was grand and the first paragraph necessary it led the reader in the wrong direction which makes the suspense even more thrilling This is one of the best pieces I've ever read! Loved it!!!
Now THIS is riveting! Paleeeese tell me theres going to be more!
02/01/11
WOW! What happen? What happens next. This is a great opening chapter for a novel.
02/01/11
Okay dear! You need a warning label on this entry!!! :) Nice job and yes, we all want to know the rest of the story.
Great job. Your words drew me in. You did a great job with your MC - I felt the fear and I felt the relief. Kudos!
02/01/11
Nice build of suspense while giving exposition and keeping the narrative interesting. And foreshadowing with a payoff. Unexpected but ultimately inevitable. Nice.
Congratulations for placing 14th in Masters and 15th overall!