The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1731 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/02/10
Wow, powerful story. I love your list of "If I could be normal for..." Heartwrenching. Well done.
Good job describing the body language of autism. Keep writing.
12/04/10
Awesome job! I thought it was someone with autism by the way she reacted to her environment. You really put into words what some go through. Great job!
12/04/10
Thanks for this moving story. Our daughter's young son Kyle has mild autism and Gill and I pray regularly that he may get a friend to play with. No one seems to want to befriend him. With your insight into things (revealed by your piece) perhaps you would pray for him too.
Your well written article really awakened in me a sympathy for those who suffer in this way.
This will go a long way in helping people understand autism. Wonderfully done.
Great article on a very misunderstood problem.
12/07/10
This is brilliant in its grasp of an invisible process. Please send it to Guideposts magazine, or to Reader's Digest, or Newsweek. More people need to see this material.
Congratulations for placing 12th in level 4. This was really a powerful piece.
12/20/10
Allison, I'm going to feature this in the Front Page Showcase for the week of January 24. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and congratulations!