The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1692 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I really enjoyed this trip back into our history. You made the story interesting and made me want to learn more about these two men. History was never one of my favorite subjects in school but you made it fascinating.
10/25/10
This was great! You did a wonderful job of bringing history alive. So often past historical figures seem as as dry and black and white as the history books they come from. It's always delightful to me (as a history buff) to see them brought to life, even if it's in a fictionalized manner. Great writing!
Excellent!
10/25/10
The writing here is rich and evocative. Perhaps it's because I'm neither yankee nor reb but I felt that I never quite entered into the spirit of your piece. For instance I couldn't follow the significance of the half-smile. That said, it's clearly very well written and I'm sure it will resonate with a good number of Americans
Congratulations on your well-deserved EC!
10/28/10
I could just feel history oozing off the page. The embarrassment of surrender, the tension of enemies turned to reminiscing of old comrades ... the glory of respect and honor. I even learned a few things about the two generals in this piece. Perfectly written!

Congrats on getting highly commended! I can say no less of it myself. :)
10/28/10
Oh yes, and congrats on your Editor's Choice! :D
I always enjoy reading the directness and honesty in your writing. I usually leave inspired as was the case here. Congrats on your well deserved placement.
10/28/10
Rachel, your historical fiction is always awesome. I love how you manage to find ways to use your gift and insight for this genre in many of the FW challenge prompts. That is a gift. Congratulations.
Way to go girl! :-D
What a great idea for a story! Congrats on your EC. :)