The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1143 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Believable characters, good dialog and a fitting title make this an ejoyable read.
04/22/10
Excellent dialogue and a well told story. I'd love to read the previous and next chapters.
04/22/10
What a great set up for a war romance story. These are wonderful characters and I would surely like to know more about them.
Very believable and enjoyable.
Very touching, well written and definitely want this to continue!
04/23/10
Like the others, I want to know more--and that's great writing.
04/24/10
So nicely done. It is easy to see that you could go on with this beautiful tale.
04/24/10
Very beautifully written with strong characters. Lovely to read.
04/28/10
So many things in life are "relative." I enjoyed this story... can you write an additional ending so Peggy can live "happily every after?" Very nice work on this!
You touched my heart on so many levels. I understand chronic pain, although thankfully not at the level your character does. I could also feel the longings in the nurse for so much more. It was a beautiful story, I can picture it turning into a delightful Romance novel.
This story was so beautifully expressed. I wanted to see it continue in that you gave each of the characters depth leaving one to hope for a better future. I found it very interesting, too, in the way you alluded to the nurse's past - a segue into why she became a nurse and possibly a spring board to build a deeper relationship between the two.
I'm a big fan of "real life" stories and I think this is the beginning of something I would like to read more of. Great job, Mari.
04/29/10
Wonderful character development. I am like others... I would love to read more.
04/29/10
I found myself kind of holding my breath when you initially switched POV's in such a short piece. But as I read onwards, you switched back and forth and carried it off beautifully. It worked great and intensified the emotions of the story.
Congratulations in placing in the top 40 over-all and in the top 15 of your level. Good job!