The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1706 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/30/08
Sweet. I especially enjoyed the tenderness of the father.
12/01/08
Very sweet! I especially appreciate the unforced rhymes.
What lovely memories to preserve and pass on. I enjoyed how the simplicity of the poem matched the simplicity of the family Christmas.
12/02/08
Love the sentiments and family memories present in this poem. It flows so well and is beautiful to read. Makes me very nostalgic for Christmases past when everyone was still home for Christmas.
What a precious memory - told in a very precious way. Gave me warm fuzzies. :)
12/02/08
This is one of those wonderful poems you read and at the end you inhale deeply and exhale a peaceful sigh . . . with a smile. Beautiful, just beautiful.
I was picturing Norman Rockwell type drawings as I read of the perfect Christmas - the one that we celebrate in our memory. I enjoyed your nostalgic poem.
12/04/08
That will be a wonderful Christmas indeed. Love your poetry, as always, Verna!
12/04/08
This is PERfect! Love your heart!!!!
So beautifully precious, Verna! Congratulations! What an endearing picture of a truly perfect Christmas! I always love everything you write.
12/04/08
Yay, VernJ! This is beautiful! Thank you for all the memories of Christmases past...and I'm looking forward to spending Christmas in our heavenly home, too!
12/05/08
VernaJ--Looking forward to that Christmas with those who've already gone before. Congratulations on your level placing and your EC with this lovely poem that's has such a comforting message!
Very peaceful, comforting, I felt right at home with your family. Congratulations!
This is so pretty and speaks with such a loving and gentle voice. I love the flow of your poetry hone. God bless you and yor writings. Keep it up. Merry Christmas hon and I am sure one day we will see our moms and dads again hon and have the best Christmas ever! Praise the Lord. I too have now lost both my parents, my mom just recently in the fall but God is good and someday we will have a wonderful celebration.:0)
Thank you hon for your comment on Still A Voice. Hugs Janice