The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1890 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/17/08
Hilarious! I reckon there won't be many other stories this week that feature chainsaw-wielding spouses. I love it.
Love it! This is a very fun read, and I like the struggle you presented of new Christians trying to be "Christian-like."
10/18/08
There is nothing like a 'just cut' Christmas tree to bring out a couple's true character:) Fun story:)
This is so funny! I laughed out loud. You wrote out the scene so I felt like I was standing outside the garage, watching them. Great job.
10/22/08
Hum, brings back memories of why we place nativity scenes all over the house and put lights on the silk ficus tree in the dining room.... very captivating!
Funny, yet thought provoking. Many Christians find it difficult to apply Christianity to EVERY aspect of their lives and to all of their relationships. Good message.
10/22/08
Nothing like hauling in the tree, putting the lights on the tree, decorating the tree, and taking down the tree to bring out spousal "harmony"-eh? Loved the voice of this and the too true emotions you captured in this holiday vignette. LOL. (Only, in Ohio, the neighbors wouldn't know because they'd be INSIDE snuggled around the fireplace!)
10/22/08
Fantastic portrayal of good intentions gone wrong but salvaged by a humble desire to be a light- maybe Christmas Lights?
10/23/08
Well done. You had me thinking I should grab my lawn chair and a hot chocolate as well. (LOL)
10/23/08
I really enjoyed this one. It's neat to see the struggle to be a good witness....all of us have to watch ourselves around our neighbors, eh?
10/23/08
Congratulations! Loved this story!
Congratulations. A well deserved placement!
10/23/08
So funny! Love the title, too! Congrats on placing - it's well deserved! :-)
COngratulations on your EC. This story is great! I'm glad it placed.
10/25/08
Hi Sheri - I have read your writings before - really enjoyed this one - you have wonderful writing skills - gave me a good laugh - congratulations.